At present, the commonly used compensators are: L-shaped compensator, Z-shaped compensator, Π-shaped (or Ω-shaped) compensator, waveform (ripple) compensator, spherical compensator, and stuffing (sleeve type) compensator. Various forms.
1. Before the compensator is installed, the pipe and the fixing bracket must not be fixed. After the temporary installation of the compensator is completed, the fasteners should be loosened after the pipeline installation, pressure test and heat insulation are completed to ensure that they can freely expand and contract during use.
2. The maximum distance of the compensator and the bending radius of the compensator elbow in the straight pipe section shall meet the design requirements. Guide brackets should be provided near the two ends of the compensator to ensure that the pipeline can freely expand and contract along the axis during operation.
3. When the ambient temperature during installation is lower than the compensation zero (1/2 of the difference between the maximum temperature and the minimum temperature of the design), the compensator should be pre-stretched. The specific value of the stretch should conform to the design document. After the pre-stretching compensator, measures should be taken to ensure that the pre-stretching is not released during the installation and insulation process.
4, L-shaped, Z-shaped, and Π-shaped compensators are generally made at the construction site, and high-quality carbon steel seamless steel pipes should be used for production. Usually the Π-shaped compensator should be installed horizontally, the parallel arm should be the same as the slope and direction of the pipeline, and the vertical arm should be horizontal. When installing vertically, it is not allowed to install air exhaust pipes and drainage pipes in the openings of the elbows.
5. When the wave compensator or packing compensator is installed, the compensator should be coaxial with the pipeline, and it must not be deflected. Compensators with flow direction marks (arrows) should be installed in accordance with the flow direction of the pipeline medium. The exposed length of the core tube of the stuffing compensator or the distance between the end of the core tube and the inner retaining ring of the casing should be greater than the design deformation.
6. When the spherical compensator is installed, the inclination angle of the two vertical arms connected to the spherical compensator should meet the design requirements, and the overhanging part should be consistent with the slope of the pipeline.
7. When using a direct buried compensator, the fixed end should be reliably anchored after the backfilling, and the movable end should be free to deform.